Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Better. . .

This week is going better. Of course, my professor could ruin that in class tonight, but I'm going to enjoy it for now! The loan that got turned down last Monday was approved by another credit union so I can get the "wild life" of my twenties paid off ("wild life" consisting of eating out too much and then spending money on diets that didn't work). I was able to get another argument written in the place of the one that was "superior, for the most part, in the writing" but, apparently, did not make an argument, and got yet another paper written on a topic in medicalization. I chose egg freezing, which is something that I considered and might even have done if I hadn't had the "wild life" to pay off. Good news, egg freezing is no longer considered experimental, so there is a possibility that insurance will pay for it in the future as a "preventative treatment" for infertility (as a result of the medicalization of a women's body, fertility, and aging). See, I learned something, despite the week that I would have much preferred to spend in bed with the covers over my head.

I'm in the process of registering for next semester's classes. You will reading of the trials associated with my trying to comprehend Biology, Criminology, and Foreign and Dangerous Women (a class that will bring my GPA down, but I always enjoys this professor's classes).

As therapy last week I did some Christmas shopping-- for myself! This will be the first year that I will have my own Christmas tree. I am taking my time to select decorations that will not harm my cats or my possible future children. No garland/tinsel, I bought some pretty entwined bead strands and the ball ornaments are plastic instead of glass. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment