Wednesday, October 24, 2012

NOT at my best--

Yes, I’m still here!
Today’s post will be comments on another blog post found here: http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/10/24/30-simple-ways-to-simplify-your-life/
There can be no step-by-step guide to simplifying your life, but I’ve compiled an incomplete list of ideas that should help you move in the right direction.  And of course, not every tip will fit your lifestyle, so just choose a few that do and apply them accordingly.
1. Resign from a commitment you’re not passionate about. I’ve done a lot of this lately! Somehow I’m still busy.
2. Stop trying to be perfect. Stop trying to be perfect.  Stop trying to be perfect. Stop trying to be perfect.
3. Implement a basic cleaning schedule. Hah, that’s what Sundays are for after you put it off all day Saturday, right? Sigh. I should seriously do this.
6. Clean out your purse or wallet. I’m sorry; I missed that. Say again?

7. Put a paper shredder next to your mail spot. Fist bump. I actually have just implemented this one.

8. Winnow your wardrobe down to pieces that work together. More like what currently fits and what will still fit me after the holidays. . .

10. Add your number to the do-not-call list. Or don’t install a land line and never turn your cell phone on. . .
14. Turn your phone off when you need quiet time. See answer to #10.
16. Design a filing system that you can stick to.  I have no problem sticking to my filing system. Stack it here, stack it there. . .
20. Set limits on your bad habits, and reward yourself when you stick with them. Yeah, see, that’s how I got this fat. I limited my bad habit of eating and rewarded myself with chocolate.
22. Don’t worry too much about what other people think about you. Sigh. I try. But it’s a lonely life when the person you really are is a person that no one likes. It’s easier to just pretend to be what they want you to be.
23. Stop trying to be a saint and indulge yourself in something fun every once in a while. See answer to #22.
24. Pay off your credit card debt. Sure. As soon as the bank will agree that I deserve a loan. Unless you’re already late and behind, no one seems interested in truly helping you.
25. Avoid watching commercials and reading advertisements. It helps when you don’t have local TV or cable and your internet only works some of the time.
26. Rediscover the pleasure of reading purely for enjoyment. Reason why #3 doesn’t work too well. However, ties in well with #25.
27. Plan two weeks of delicious meals ahead of time and skip the nightly grocery run. Ah, but I have less money to spend with the nightly run thus buy less food that I shouldn’t eat anyway.
29. Learn to ask for help. I am trying. Really. When I know I’m overwhelmed (seriously, why am I running this event completely by myself when my fellow club members are sitting around talking?) I ask for help. I was told they had something to do and would be right back.  . . .
Okay, in all seriousness, this is a great list. Please go read the whole thing. I have just not had the most awesome week and am feeling a little bit snarky. But I am now being pacified with sushi so things will be looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment