Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Laugh for the Day

Are you ready to laugh? Remember how I said that I decided not to take the ASL class because I didn't have much contact with deaf people any more? Well, guess who is going to be trying to interpret the ladies Wednesday night Bible study? Yep, that would be me.

As with most things in my life, I love and have much interest in ASL, but lack any natural talent. Rather like piano. I love playing and took lessons for years. But I have no natural talent for it. Anything I can play is as the result of hard work. Truth is, at almost 38, I never have found my talent. Rather like my General Studies degree, I know a little about a lot of things and not much about anything.

So, I will be the one frantically looking up signs and trying to remember them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment